C'est ici, où j'écris.

trust me, darling.

   You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.                                                                       - James A. Froude English historian (1818 -94)

   
    This past weekend I was able to spend with my lovely Nana, brother Topher, his fiancee Johanna, and my mum.  Oh how I needed it.  I felt like a fish who's been out of water too long these past few weeks and a little family + beach time was my perfect H2O.  Apparently, I have expensive taste in water.  
     BUT I only spent $14 on this trip.  Why? Because I fly for free with Southwest thanks to the mum's employment and because my lovely Nana has found freedom along with a beachside apartment on Laguna Beach.  So the $14 was for parking my car at the airport before I left the state of Utah.  Glory being to blessings from God.  I am so lucky, happy, grateful, and amazed at the things I am given sometimes.  And of course, I never know when one of those blessings will be taken and passed to someone else so I'm trying to enjoy the saturated goodness while it's here. 
   Speaking of saturated, my eyes were saturated as the plane crossed the snow saturated Utah border taking me back to my life in Provo. It wasn't the happiest moment of my life. That plane was having a tug a war with the state of California over my soul.  I wanted California to win, but physics were against us.  I also wanted to remember happiness as I returned, despite the recent loss of friends in Provo, and loss of the people closest to me here.  
   But then again, there is beauty in the breakdown, according to Frou Frou. And according to Mae, my Destination=beautiful. So, what's to be unhappy about?  My goal this week is to not waste one moment on myself, not give one moment to sadness, self-pity, discouragement, etc.  I'm listening to a commercial right now on my roommate's TV that just said "It's time to fight back".  haha that's right shallow tv commercial, it IS time to fight back. 
     Let the exciting week begin.

0 responses to "Laguna Bottled Water"

Leave a Reply

Labels