C'est ici, où j'écris.

trust me, darling.

When I was at the Rwandan Genocide Memorial in Kigali this summer I remember reading about the other genocides that had recently occurred globally, and one that really stuck out to me was the Armenian genocide. Today, 95 years ago Armenians were being killed in mass murders organized by the Turkish Government. It all stemmed from religious differences and a build up of prejudice, which eventually was put into action by a cowardly Sultan who thought the Armenians were becoming too numerous for his liking.

I was just pondering these things today after watching Fox News while eating my Cheerios' this morning. "Slowly by slowly" is a phrase that Ugandans use all the time, kind of like how we say "little by little". But I think slowly by slowly, our government is being corrupted by some of the values we see out there in the world in completely hostile 'governments'. I'm not saying that we have a genocide on our hands by any means, I'm saying that if we want to preserve our freedom, it all points to one standard: God. I can't wait to be a missionary one day. There's the answer for all you Miss American contestants tonight: If we want World Peace, we need more God in peoples' lives, we need more missionary work.

0 responses to "A is for Armenia"

Leave a Reply

Labels